6.03.2010

In Which I State My Objectives

Let me be honest, here: I started this Blogger because I was coerced. Miss Mustache Pie held a metaphorical blunderbuss to my head and threatened my life if I didn't make one.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. But that's a perfectly acceptable literary technique, Dear Readers, which brings me to my next point -- a point which also happens to be the point of this blog.

I'm going to try my damnedest to write a poem a day for...well, who knows how long? Longer than a day, I hope. Longer than a week.

I hardly ever write any more, and it's sort of making me feel dead inside, or like a dried-up leaf just waiting for someone to step on me for that satisfying crunch. Something like that.

So here I am, with this goal. I'm going to write and post at least one poem every day, even if it's three lines long or makes no sense or is just plain terrible. I imagine I will probably write most of these poems right in the text box here on the site, minutes before posting them. I also imagine most of them will not really even count as poetry.

However, I am 85% sure this will be good for me, even as just a writing exercise or an emotional outlet. So I'll try it out.

Part of me hopes no one reads this, but part of me also knows I will be sad if no one does. Ah, the paradox of human emotions.

Here goes nothing special.

4 replies:

CommunistTwinkie said...

I think we'll at least get something out of this business. Even if it's just a smattering of crappy writing, it's better than nothing at all.

librophilia said...

Agreed. Any creativity is better than none. Unless you're creating Creatures.

CommunistTwinkie said...

Also, how did you do that tagging thing? Are you just magic?

librophilia said...

What do you mean, that tagging thing? There's a box for it at the end of where you post, just like on Livejournal.

Post a Comment